Friday, March 2, 2012

Another week!

I stepped on the scale today and got a nice surprise. I'm down to 165 lbs. That means that I am down four lbs. this week and 18 lbs. overall. That's exciting progress!

On the medication front, the Byetta is getting better. I had to start it by injecting immediately before I ate for the first 3 days, followed by 15 minutes before I ate for 3 days, then 30 minutes before (that's where I am now), and finally going to 45-60 minutes before I eat. This is twice a day, but it ideally has to be about 6 hours between doses. That means breakfast and dinner. One benefit of this has been that I now eat breakfast every day. My eating habits before were inconsistent at best. Often I would have nothing to eat all day except for snacks, then have a very big dinner, followed by snacks. I'm sure my body was confused by that! I'm working very hard on having breakfast and a more reasonably-sized dinner. In between, I'm having healthy snacks, like fruits, veggies, hummus, etc.

Body-wise, I still have a lot of belly fat I need to get rid of. I'm confident that I'm on a good path, though As long as I keep heading in the right direction with exercise and diet, I know that the fat will continue to come off. Speaking of exercise, I'm starting "Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred" video today. I've heard lots of good things about it. From what I've read, I'll probably see more inches lost than pounds lost, but that's ok. I may supplement it with extra cardio if I can, but that may be too ambitious, as I've heard this video will kick my ass. It will be fun to see changes either way. My sister is going to get it and start it also, so I'll have someone to compare notes with.

So, what do I need to work on? Well, for one thing, I really need to work on drinking more water. I also need to work on finding more good sources of protein. I have no problem eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, but the protein is a bit harder for me.


1 comment:

Joyce said...

I read an article today that said what I have been saying for a while. You don't necessarily have to get 8 glasses of water in per day if you eat foods that are good sources of water, like fruits/vegs.

Also, quinoa is supposed to be a great protein. I just tried it recently and really liked it.